Shrimp Squash Recipe As An Alternative To Pasta
Dr. Oz did a segment about how you can use alternative “food swaps” to make healthier a healthier recipe. To help him with this segment, Dr. Oz invited the Stella family on to the show to share a recipe that has helped them all lose weight. Spaghetti squash is their favorite pasta alternative that they have instilled into their family diet. Instead of using higher fat / carb / calorie pasta’s she uses squash!
In fact this family lost over 500 pounds (560 pounds and counting!) by utilizing recipes like this to help them lose weight.
Anaheim Shrimp Scampi Recipe
6 tablespoons of scampi butter
1 pound of raw shrimp
1 tablespoon of white wine
2 ounces of crumbled asiago cheese
- Melt down some scampi butter in a pan. Scampi butter is better than regular butter because it contains red onions, parsley, and garlic.
- Cook shrimp in the pan for 4 minutes.
- Place arugula leaves on top of the shrimp which adds some color and taste.
- Sprinkle the top with crumbled asiago cheese (you can use different kinds of cheese if you choose)
- Scrape out the inside of a spaghetti squash onto a plate
- Add the shrimp, cheese, and arugula leaves on top of the spaghetti squash.