Chocolate Pie Recipe By Iron Chef America’s Alton Brown on Dr. Oz Show
Alton Brown, from “Iron Chef America” appeared on Dr. Oz’s show to talk about how he lost 50 pounds after incurring some health problems. He totally changed the way he ate by eating more fruits and vegetables and no longer eating processed and fast food. However, you can’t totally deprive yourself of treats that you enjoy, but you can make them in a healthier fashion! This is Alton Brown’s Chocolate Pie Recipe.
Alton Brown Chocolate Pie Recipe – Only 230 Calories Per Serving!
- 13 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup of Coffee Liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound of silken tofu – (Silken Tofu is the soft kind of tofu) Alton Brown suggests using kind that you can squirt out of a container because it has a one year shelf life.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Melt the chocolate chips, vanilla, and liqueur. Alton Brown said that you
can use your favorite kind of liqueur in this recipe. Brown enjoys coffee so that is what he used in his recipe.
- Combine and mix the tofu, honey, and chocolate mixture that you melted in step #1. (You can use a food processor or blender to mix)
- Pour the filling into the crust (Alton Brown used a store bought crust) and cool in refrigerator for 2 hours.
That’s all there is too it! Dr. Oz passed around some samples to the crowd and they seemed to really like it.
The best part is that this recipe is only 230 calories per serving! In comparison Dr. Oz said that a store bought chocolate pie contains almost twice as much (a whopping 413 calories per serving!). Now, if that’s not enough for you to go out and get the ingredients for this recipe, Alton Brown said that this recipe contains no saturated fat, and also has protein (from the tofu). So enjoy a piece of delicious chocolate pie without all the added guilt!