Italian Ice and Meve Bowl Recipes, Shared by Rocco Dispirito on Dr. Oz
Dr. Oz continued The Monday Dieter plan this week with special guests GUESTS: Dr. Jennifer Caudle , Rocco DiSpirito , Pedram Shojai , Alicia Coppola. During this part of the show, Dr. Oz talked about how you can whip up some easy low calorie recipes that you can freeze and enjoy all month long. Rocco Dispirito Recipes have always been very popular such as his turkey cheese enchiladas or , sweet potato chips recipe. Today’s treats were no different, as he shared an Italian Ice frozen dessert recipe that was making my mouth water. He also shared a Meve Bowl Recipe that coincides with Mediterranean Diet guidelines.
So, here we go. Listed below are the ingredients and directions for both the Italian Ice and Meve Bowl recipes.
Italian Ice Recipe, by Rocco Dispirito
I always have a hard time passing the ice cream section in the grocery store. I am usually successful, but my temptations always seem to push me to the edge. I will most definitely try this Italian Ice recipe because it contains only 70 calories per serving, and it just may satisfy my ice cream cravings that I often have during the summer months.
The great thing about this Italian Ice recipe is that you can freeze it and enjoy it all month long. Dr. Oz and Rocco suggest letting the frozen dessert frozen in the fridge for 30 minutes to let it temper if you find that your having a hard time scooping it out.
- 2 teaspoons of stevia
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 tbsp raw agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons of water
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
Preparation directions :
- Mix together the stevia and xanthan gum in a small bowl and then set to the side.
- Pour the lemon juice, agave nectar and water into a blender. Blend (don’t forget to put the cover on!) until they are mixed together well. It should only take about 10 seconds if your using a high powered blender.
- Add the frozen strawberries to the blender. Blend on high and mix until smooth. You may have to stop the blender and push the strawberries down into the blade a time or two, depending on the quality of your blender.
- Spoon out the strawberry ice into paper cups and serve. What you don’t use you can store in the freezer and enjoy later.
- I hope you enjoyed Rocco Dispirito’s Italian Ice Recipe that he shared on Dr. Oz
Meve Bowl Recipe, Shared on Dr Oz (Great for Mediterranean Dieters)
Meze Bowls are great for either lunch or dinner meals. Monday Dieter recipes are meant to be easy to throw together because you are just beginning your week and are likely very busy. It’s tempting to grab a donut and coffee.. But, don’t do that! This Dr. Oz Meze Bowl recipe is very easy to make!
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 lemon
- dill (optional)
1. Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix.
2. Top with Greek yogurt, a squeeze of lemon, and some dill. Enjoy!
Note : The Meze Bowl recipe only contains 70 calories as it is written above. If you add other ingredients then of course the calories will rise right along with them 🙂
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.
Originally aired on Dr. Oz : May 22, 2017