This month is “Ultimate Detox Month” on Dr. Oz and today’s Dr. Oz and Kellyanne Petrucci reinvented the Grapefruit Detox, which was very popular in the 80’s (thank Brook Shields for that one!). The big difference, is with Kellyanne and Dr. Oz’s 7 Day Grapefruit Detox for Weight Loss is that you don’t have to starve yourself! You get to enjoy a delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner while still enjoying the miraculous weight loss results that the 7 Day Grapefruit Cleanse can offer you. Kellyanne shares breakfast, lunch, and dinner Grapefruit recipes that will help to detox your body, help you lose weight, and you won’t even be hungry all throughout the day! Now, that’s a detox cleanse that I can get behind.
Dr Oz 7 Day Grapefruit Detox Plan
The Grapefruit’s “secret power” to weight loss is a chemical compound in the fruit called nootkatones. Animal research has identified that these nutrient compounds may help to boost your metabolism and promote weight loss. Another benefit of the grapefruit is that they are high in fiber to help you feel full as well as keep your blood sugar balanced. On the Dr. Oz 7 Day Grapefruit Detox Plan you can enjoy great meals, and lose significant weight in just one week.
What To Eat For Breakfast
Protein helps you absorb the nutrients of the grapefruit. So, each breakfast you should have 4 ounces of protein. Eggs, turkey backon, or chicken sausage would be a great choice. Listed below is the Grapefruit Sandwich Recipes that’s Dr. Oz approved and on his official website.
- 1/2 of a grapefruit cut in half (save the other half for the lunch recipe shown further below!)
- 2 chicken sausage patties
EASY directions :
- Grill grapefruit slices in a pan.
- According to the directions on the package, cook the grilled chicken sausage patties.
- Add grapefruit slices to the top of the grilled chicken sausage patties and enjoy.
This recipes is a great snack idea or even can be an option for lunch. Dr. Kellyann Petrucci recommended this recipe because the Grapefruit boosts your metabolism (remember the nootkatones compound in grapefruit?) and promote weight loss. The Avocado provides a healthy fat that is filling and will keep you feeling full. When your not hungry, any diet is easy. That’s what makes this 7 Day Grapefruit Detox diet plan seem so “doable”…
- Cut one grapefruit into chunks
- Cut one avocado into cubes
- Cut 1 jicama into one inch pieces
- Cut one tomato into chunks
Preparation directions :
- Add one of each ingredient listed above on to the skewer
- Continue making grapefruit and veggie skewers until gone
Tangy Grapefruit Protein Bowl for Dinner Recipe
During dinner you really want to feel satisfied and STAY satisfied until you go to sleep. Dr. Petrucci’s recommends the Tangy Grapefruit Protein Bowl because of the high fiber and protein content, as well as the metabolism boost from the grapefruit. Here are the recipe directions
his protein bowl is one of Dr. Kellyann Petrucci’s secrets to success on the Grapefruit Detox Plan. The combination of fiber and protein in addition to metabolism-boosting grapefruit is the perfect recipe to help you lose weight.
- 4 ounces of grilled chicken
- 1/2 cups of quinoa
- 2 cups of leafy greens (you can choose which type of greens that you like best)
- 1/2 cup of sliced green peppers
- 1/2 grapefruit
Preparation Directions :
- Mix all of the ingredients listed above in a bowl except for the grapefruit.
- Squeeze the grapefruit juice over the protein and salad bowl as a tangy dressing.
Do you think that you would be able to do the 7 Day Grapefruit Detox the way Dr. Oz and Dr. Kellyann Petrucci recommends? It seems like a well balanced detox that allows you to eat and still see results. What are your impressions on this diet?
Do you love Dr. Oz but are unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr. Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries about topics discussed on his show.