Can drinking buttered coffee in the morning help you to lose weight and eat less? As strange as it sounds, this may be the case! Dr. Oz invited Dave Asprey on to the show to talk about how butter coffee (or Dave's "Bulletproof Coffee", which also contains MCT Oil) helped him lose 100 pounds why it can help to reduce cravings as well as increase your focus and energy.
Why Does Butter Coffee Give You A Brain Boost?
Dave Asprey was explaining to Dr. Oz about the benefits of adding organic butter to your morning coffee. He said that the butter helps to slow down the absorption of caffeine in your body. Actually, Dave's morning Bulletproof coffee is his breakfast! This helps you to maintain your energy and gives you more focus for longer. Drinking coffee by itself gives you the quick energy boost but doesn't last nearly as long. Dave Asprey claims that it helps to ward off cravings all day long and you will eat less and ultimately lose weight quite easily.
Dr. Oz noted that there are no proven health benefits of buttered coffee over regular coffee.
Out of curiousity I wanted to see what other doctors had to say if drinking butter coffee is unhealthy or not. Dr. Weil (who has appeared on The Dr. Oz Show many times over the years) talks about Buttered Coffee and feels like it's perfectly ok to try.
Immune Boosting Pink Latte Recipe
The trending "Pink Latte" craze is huge on social media. Have you tried one yet? Dr. Oz shared an immune boosting Pink Latte recipe that have anti-inflammatory and immune boosting properties that can help keep you healthy.
Pink Latte Recipe
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey (raw honey is the best)
- 1 peeled medium beet
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Wrap the medium sized beet in foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Allow the beet to cool. Add all of the remaining ingredients listed above aand blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a small pot and heat until boiling.
- Pass the mixture through a mesh strainer.
- Add 1/2 cup of extra almond coffee on top
Do you have any Pink Latte Recipes that you would like to share? Please leave a comment below :
Dr. Oz air date ; April 12, 2017