Shred Diet Recipes on Dr Oz Show – Shredder Chicken Soup and English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Today Dr Oz invited Dr. Ian Smith to talk about his book, “Shred! The Revolutionary Diet” and how it has helped so many people lose weight and inches and has helped boost people past the diet plateau’s that have plague so many people. Dr. Ian Smith believes that you need balance in your diet and everyone will slip now and again on there diet so it’s important to eat foods that you enjoy. Here are the Shredder Chicken Noodle, and English Muffin pizza recipes that he shared on today’s show.
Shredded Chicken Noodle Soup recipe
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked chicken meet, diced
- 1 1/2 cps of egg noodles (choose the wide egg noodles if possible
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cups of chopped celery
- 3/4 cups of sliced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cups of water
- 1 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- Using a large pot, heat the water to a boil. Add the wide egg noodles and cook until the noodles are tender. This should take between 5 and 10 minutes. Drain the noodles in a colander.
- Melt butter in the same pot that you used to boil the noodles in. Add onions and celery. Cook until tender
- . Add the chicken, chicken broth, carrots, water, basil, oregano, seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve and enjoy
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
Here is a twist on a traditional pizza that Dr Ian Smith shared on today’s Dr. Oz. This is another example of delicious foods that you can eat on the Shred, Revolution Diet Plan. Easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 whole wheat English muffin
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp low fat cheese (choose your favorite type of low fat cheese)
- 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese
Spread the sauce on the english muffin, add cheese. Set oven to broil and cook until the muffin is crispy and cheese is melted
Have you tried any other chicken noodle or healthy pizza recipes that you would like to share? Please leave a comment below if you would like to pass on the recipe!