Ming Tsai Soup Recipe To Raise Your Immunity
The cold season is here. Are you doing everything that you should for you and your family so you don’t get sick during the winter months? Today (Feb 9, 2012), Dr. Oz brought on the always popular celebrity chef, Ming Tsai to show you how to make a soup that will give your immunity a boost that it needs! This soup has what your body needs to defend itself from germs and to help your immune system.
Ming Tsai explained to Dr. Oz that he eats this immune boosting soup regularly and he hasn’t been sick in years. (I’ve already been sick twice this year. I’m ready to give this a try!)
Ming Tsai Immunity Boosting Soup
Ming Tsai says that you need a good line of defense to ward off cold causing germs. This soup can help you ward off those illness causing invaders. He said that his #1 secret in this soup is Shiitake Mushrooms. These mushrooms are powerful immune boosters!
- 1 tablespoon of grapeseel oil
- 1 Jalepeno (keep the seeds.. The seed contain capsaicin which can help fight colds and germs)
- 1 tablespoon of ginger (helps with nausea)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 bunches of scallions
- 1 pound of Shiitake mushrooms – Ming Tsai said to break off the stems but save them for soup stock.
- Mix the ingredients above for 2 to 3 minutes
Step 2 soup stock ingredients
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (use organic)
- 2 juiced lemons
- 2 cups of shredded carrots
- 1 block of silken tofu
- Black pepper
Place in pot and simmer for 20 minutes
Ok, now for the taste test. Dr. Oz tasted the immune system boosting soup and he thought it was delicious.
Also, be sure to check out the segment on today’s show where Dr. Oz gives his all natural cough syrup recipe, as well as tell you about how favorite remedy he and his family use to ward off colds each season.