100 Calorie Brownies Featured On Dr. Oz Show
Wouldn’t you like to be able to enjoy a delicious brownie after your healthy dinner and not be riddled with guilt? Wouldn’t it be nice to tell your friends that you eat brownies on your diet? It sounds too good to be true doesn’t it? The truth is that you can!
While watching the Dr. Oz Show they featured a segment called “Brownies Under 100 Calories”. I was busy and had errands to run but I just couldn’t leave until I saw that segment. At first when they gave the ingredients I thought to myself, “Black Beans?” Really? I then looked at the other ingredients like vanilla, and dar
100 Calorie Brownie Ingredients:
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, (Be sure to use the soft kind, rather than hard black beans)
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup egg whites (some recipe’s allow egg beaters for this portion)
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tbsp vanilla (I think it’s the vanilla that is the secret in this recipe)
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 8×8 baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray.
3. Put all of the ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) into a food processor until smooth and free of any chunks.
4. Add the chocolate chips to your blended mixture
5. Bake for 20 minutes in an 8×8 baking dish
7. Let cool
One quarter cup agave syrup
6 ounces of fat-free cream cheese
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 tbsp semisweet mini chocolate chips, melted
1. Blend all of the icing ingredients together
2. Spread icing over the brownies
3. Spray a bowl with nonstick spray and melt two tablespoons of semisweet chocolate chips in microwave.
5. Pour melted chocolate over top of icing
6. Let cool for 20 minutes
Enjoy your brownies for less than 100 calories
Please note : There are 9 servings to this recipe, so if you want to stay under 100 calories you should cut the finished brownies into 9 squares.