Healthy “Hacks” are a great way to make small and easy, yet effective ways to transform your mind, body and health. Today Dr. Oz speaks with Chris Powell about Flat Belly Hacks including the two delicious Flat Belly Hack Recipes shown below (Muscle Up Oats, and Detoxifying Dandelion and Bitter Green Salad)..
Muscle Up Oats Flat Belly Hack Recipe – Stabilize Your Blood Sugar with Choline and Protein
Chris Powell said that the Muscle Up Oats recipe is a Flat Belly Hack that works on two fronts. First, the egg yolk contains choline which helps to ward off hunger. It literally tells your body that you are full and no longer need to eat. Oats are also high in fiber so this further helps you to feel full for a longer period of time so your less likely to snack mid morning. Finally, the eggs are also high in protein which helps to stabilize your blood sugar which further helps to keep you feeling full for longer without cravings. Here is the Muscle Up Oats Recipe as Seen on Dr Oz :
Chris Powell’s Muscle Up Oats Recipe :
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 egg
1. Mix the eggs into the natural oats.
2. Cook oats and egg mixture according to package instructions.
Chris Powell’s Dandelion and Bitter Green Salad Flat Belly Hack Recipe on Dr Oz
Dandelion and fennel both act as natural diuretics. This helps to reduce your bloat and very quickly helps to flatten your belly. Chris Powell made the suggestion that you make the recipe in bulk and eat it every day for lunch. If you stay consistent, this flat belly hack recipe will show good results in a short period of time.
- 2 cups dandelion greens, thick stems trimmed
- 2 cups chicory leaves (torn into 2 inch pieces with the outer ribs thrown away)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 medium Belgian endive, sliced into ½-inch thick rings (1 cup)
- 1 medium sized grated carrots, (1/2 cup)
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Mix the ingredients dandelion greens, arugula, chicory, endive, carrot, fennel, celery, and parsley in a bowl.
2. How to make the vinaigrette dressing : Put olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and tarragon, in a small jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake together until well combined.
3. Toss one serving of greens with vinaigrette dressing (just enough to lightly coat the leaves. Don’t go overboardd!) Top with optional additions such as cucumbers, beans, or cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Are you a fan of Dr. Oz but unable to view his show as often as you would like? Consider Liking “Fans of Dr Oz” on Facebook to view daily show recaps and summaries.