Today Dr. Oz shared some "Guilt Free" recipes of delicious foods and desserts that you thought were no longer allowed on your diet plan. Dr. Oz shared a guilt free banana split, creamy mac and cottage cheese, and whole grain cheese pancake recipes. Listed below are the ingredients and directions to make delicacy treats that are actually healthy for you!
Guilt Free Banana Split Recipes
- 1/2 cups of cottage cheese.
- 1 teaspoon of ground flax
- 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cups of mized berries
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
How to Make Guilt Free Banana Spit
- Slice the banana in half and place in a bowl.
- Add cottage cheese to the middle
- Top with the mixed berries
- On top of the banana split add chia seeds, walnuts and flaxseeds.
Creamy Mac and Cottage Cheese Recipe
Ingredients that you will need :
- 1/2 cups of low fat milk
- 1/4 cups of grated Parmesan cheese (plus a pinch or two more as garnish)
- 1/4 cups of pasta cooking water (you can add more water if you need to)
- 2 cups of cottage cheese
- 1/4 cups of skim mozzarella (choose the grated mozzarella)
- 4 cups of cooked elbow pasta
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Preparation directions :
- Mix the cottage cheese and milk in a food processer
- Add the cottage cheese mixture to a pot
- Set stove temp to medium low and heat the pot
- When the cottage cheese mixture is hot add in the Parmesan, mozzarella, cooked pasta, and pasta water.
- Mix and then season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese to taste
Whole Grain Cottage Cheese Pancakes
- 1/2 cups of sorghum flour
- 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoons of flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/3 cups of cottage cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pint of blueberrries
- 3 tablespoons of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 cups of oat flour
- 1 tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons teff flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons of sugar
- 3/4 cups of buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons off canola oil
- 1/2 cups of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
Whole Grain Cottage Cheese Pancakes Directions :
- Mix all of the dry ingredients above in a bowl
- blend all the wet ingredients in another bowl
- Make an opening well in the middle of the dry ingredients bowl. Add the wet ingredients into the opening.
- Keeping adding in wet ingredients until a batter is made.
- Allow the batter to sit for 15 mins.
- Preheat griddle to medium – hot
- Spray with non stick cooking spray.
- Add the pancake batter to the griddle
- Allow the pancakes until bubbles begin to surface but dont' break (this should take about 2 minutes)
- Flip the whole grain cottage cheese pancakes
- Enjoy your pancakes