Over 40 Belly Fat Blast Plan on Dr. Oz Show
With 2012 right around the corner and New Years Resolutions to be made (and
kept!), Dr. Oz gave 5 great tips to blast away your belly fat for good! Muffin tops, belly fat, love handles, etc…. Whatever term you use to describe this unwanted fat around your midsection it’s a problem that many women have (especially after the age of 40). Dr. Oz says that it’s more than a cosmetic annoyance, it’s what’s happening inside your body that should be of even more concern. Having excess belly fat increases your risk for diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
As our age increases so does the stresses that we have in our daily life. Our bodies create cortisol which is also known as the “stress hormone”. Increased levels of cortisol is also connected with belly fat. On today’s December 26, 2011 Dr. Oz Show he gives some great advice on how you can win the “battle of the belly bulge”.
Dr. Oz 5 Step Belly Blast Plan
1. Eat In Reverse – This simple step in the belly fat blast plan is as simple as it sounds. Dr. Oz advises to eat your largest (and carbohydrate heavy) meals in the morning. The carbs will give you the energy you need to tackle the day head on, and you will burn off the calories throughout the course of the day. When dinner time comes, eat something light with less carbs and more protein.. (Chicken breast, salad, green beans as an example).
On Sunday’s (or your day off before your work week) Dr. Oz suggested his “Fat Burner Noodle Pudding Recipe” and eat it throughout the week for breakfast. Boost your metabolism and energy with this delicious recipe.
2. Make Yourself A Fiber Snack Pack
Everyone knows how much Dr. Oz loves fiber. He says that women over the age of 40 should have at least 25 grams of fiber per day. Fiber has many benefits such as staying regular, reducing cholesterol, controlling hunger, losing weight, and more. He suggests making yourself a high fiber snack pack to eat throughout the day to help keep you from snacking on unhealthy snacks that will pack on those pounds and increase your belly fat.
- 1 Gnu Banana Walnut Bar (contains 12 grams of fiber. Dr. Oz suggests that you eat the walnut bar as your mid morning snack).
- 1 Cup of Kashi Go Lean Berry Crumble (pour some of this delicious treat into a baggie and snack on throughout the day). Contains 8 grams of fiber.
- Orange = 2 grams of fiber
- Metamucil packet (3 grams of fiber)
This snack pack helps you to reach your 25 grams of fiber per day goal and will help you avoid snacking on chips, candy bars, etc…
3. Drink A Glass Of Red Wine
Studies have shown that stress is connected with the fat cell inflammation and weight gain. Dr. Oz suggests drinking one 6 ounce glass of red wine each day. Red wine contains resveratol with is a potent anti oxidant and has been shown to reduce inflammation.
4. Confuse Your Muscles When You Exercise
When you do the same exercise every day your muscles become used to the workout. After awhile they won’t be challenged by the same routine and you will reach a plateau and you won’t burn as much belly fat.. Dr. Oz says that mixing up your exercises for each workout will help you reach your weight loss goals.
5. Make a Belly Band
The larger your waistline, the larger your risks for cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. Track your progress when you are trying to reduce your belly fat by wrapping a ribbon around your waist and cut it off where it meets. Hopefully you will see your belly band fit easier with excess ribbon as your belly fat decreases!