Dr. Oz August 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Show Topics : Insomnia, Rosacia Remedies, Metabolism Moosters
Will you be unable to watch the upcoming episodes on Dr. Oz? Here are the show topics in case you want to set your DVR so you won’t miss out on any of the helpful health, diet and wellness information that will be given.
Monday, August 11, 2014 – Can The Weather Forecast Your Health?
Can you really tell that if it’s going to rain by if you have achy joints? Dr. Oz invites Al Roker (Today’s Show) on to the show to discuss scientific theories that may explain how weather can predict your health.. Find out which are myths and which have a scientific backing. Also on the show :
- What your nagging cough may be trying to tell you.
- The unknown dangers of heartburn pills
- Best herbal supplements for colds and flu
- Dr. Oz health book recommendations
Tuesday August 12, 2014 – Why you shouldn’t ignore insomnia!
- Dr. Oz opens the show talking about insomnia and why you should take it seriously. He invites Dr. Carol Ash on to the show to discuss why having problems sleeping may be underlying symptoms of something else that is happening in your body. Other topics include :
- Do you feel cold? It could be because you have hypothyroidism and not even know it.. Dr. Oz shares symptoms of hypothyroidism and what you can do about it.
- Turmeric can fight depression (amongst other health ailments). Dr. Oz demonstrates why turmeric can wash your blues away.
- How much protein you should be eating and tips how to get more protein into your diet.
- Meditation tips to ease stress and anxiety.
Wednesday August 13, 2014 – Does Diet Soda Wreck Your Metabolism?
Many people thing that drinking diet soda helps you to lose weight, when in actuality the opposite may be true. On August 13th, Dr. Oz will be talking about how diet soda can actually lower your metabolism and cause weight gain, rather than the weight loss that you were seeking. Other topics include :
- Internet food rumors… Which are fact and which are fiction?
- How to tell the difference between food poisoning and the flu.
- Rosacea causes and remedies and treatment for this common skin condition.
- 3 bathroom health mistakes.
- DIY sore muscle remedies.
Thursday August 14, 2014 – Robin Quivers Discusses Her Cancer Scare
- Robin Quivers (from Howard Stern Show) talks about her battle with pelvic cancer. Robin Quivers also talks about how she transformed her eating habits and her new book called “The Vegucation of Robin”
- Why “aspirin” is the wonder drug that lies in most household’s medicine cabinet.
- Remedies for swollen ankles and feet.
Friday, August 15, 2014 – Energy Boosters and “Burnout Busters”
Fatigue and exhaustion are one of the most common complaints that Dr. Oz hears. He talks about simple solutions to fight fatigue and exhaustion that you may have never thought of.
- Lori Greiner and Dymon John (hosts of SharkTank) join Dr. Oz to choose the best home remedies.
- Why certain pain relievers can cause irregular heartbeats.
- Most common fiber mistakes people make.
- Dr. Oz’s 12 Week fitness, nutrition and health transformation program.
- David Buer shares 5 exercise moves to transform your body. Best of all, it only takes 5 minutes a day!
Dr. Oz Shares The “Dirty Gazpacho” Recipe
Dirty Gazpacho Recipe
Fatty foods like barbecue or funnel cakes aren’t on the typical diet to lose weight or just to keep from gaining weight. However, they seem to be associated with just about every outdoor activity that you attend throughout the summer season.. Sporting events, cookouts, amusement parks… How can you escape from blowing your diet with all of that temptation that surrounds you? Today Dr. Oz shared an ingredient / concoction recipe that you can eat before meals that will keep your body from absorbing most of the fat from fatty foods and will also lower the glycemic load on your body. “Dirty Gazpachos” are an easy to prepare recipe that can allow you to eat the occasional fatty meal without the guilt! He is the recipe that was shared from today’s show :
Dirty Gazpacho’s Recipe Reduce Fat Absorption
Ingredients you will need :
- 1 cup of “no salt added” tomato sauce
- 1/3 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Psyllium Husk Powder (a type of fiber source)
Preparation directions :
- Stir together the ingredients listed above.
- Serve before eating a meal high in fat.
That’s all there is to it.. It works because the “no salt” tomato sauce acts as an all natural diuretic… This helps to reduce bloating. The fiber from Psyllium Husk Powder blocks fat absorption. The red wine vinegar reduces the glycemic load. The combination of these ingredients makes it an effective way to “cheat” on your diet occasionally when your out enjoying your life throughout the summer.
Dr. Oz May 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 Weekly Show Preview
Will you be unable to watch all of the exciting new health information that Dr. Oz has to offer during the week May 19 – 23, 2014? Listed below are preview snippets on the topics that will be discussed on the show.
Dr. Oz Monday May 19, 2014 “Queen Latifah” Episode
5/21/2014 : Queen Latifah’s family health scare. Queen latifah will be sharing her weight loss tips and advice on how to stay fit and be happy with your life. Other topics include :
- Queen Latifah talks about her breast reduction surgery.
- Queen Latifah talks about her bout with depression.
- 4 All natural fixes for bloating.
- Dr. Edward Hallowell joins Dr. Oz and shares a ADHD quiz that everyone should take.
- Diet foods to expensive for your budget? Dr. Oz shares diet foods that are cheap!
- Tips to get rid of flabby arms.. Banish those “bat wings” forever!
Tuesday, May 20, 2014 – Cut Your Risk Of Cancer In Half Naturally
5/20/2014 – Dr. William Li talks to Dr. Oz about all natural products to cut your risk for breast, ovarian, and liver cancer. Other topics include :
- Which diet pills are safe? Dr. Gretchen Bosacker talks about different diet pills are on the market and which ones you should steer clear from.
- Dr. Oz talks about the pituitary gland and why it could be causing your metabolism to slow down.
- Anti-aging tips to help your eyes look 10 years younger.
Wednesday, May 21 2014 – Supermarket Secrets and How They Try To Fool You Into Buying Fattening Foods
5/21/2014 – How Supermarkets try to dupe you into buying unhealthy addictive foods. Other topics include :
- Dr. Oz talks about misunderstood facts about carbohydrates.
- Triggers that cause migraine headaches.
- “No Pill” solution for migraine headaches.
- 4 all natural pain relievers for chronic pain
Thursday, May 22, 2014 – Lea Michelle From Glee
Lea Michelle, star from Glee will be talking to Dr. Oz about her new book called “Brunette Ambition” and shares tips on living a healthy and positive life and how to overcome depression. Other topics include :
- Common allergy triggers.
- Are you missing vital nutrients in your daily diet? Dr. Oz shares tips to make sure that you are getting all the vitamins you need from the foods that you eat.
- Varicose Veins and spider veins remedies to banish those Varicose veins just in time for summer.
- Herbal remedies for stress eaters and people who crave carbs.
Friday, May 23, 2014 – Dr. Oz Shows How You Can Get Your Fat To Eat Itself
Dr. Oz talks about how you can literally get your fat to eat itself. He shares how to keep your blood sugar in balance and how to reduce body inflammation. Other topics include :
- Dairy free ways to get calcium into your diet.
- Reducce your cancer by 50% by the food you eat.
- 3 ways to banish each kind of back pain.
- Stacy Cox joins Dr. Oz on how to instantly appear 10 pounds thinner!